|Image via Wikipedia|
This week I'm passing on to you links to 25 free security awareness training sites. Why is security awareness training important? Fundamentally, security is about people. Having worked within the information security world for the past 15 years, it's become very clear that the best defense to internal and external threats is not technology by itself. Rather, people need to have the mindset that helps them to automatically take actions that support security, not circumvent or undermine it. Security awareness training helps raise awareness so as to begin making this a natural mindset that influences behavior.
"No one wants security; they want the benefits of security. A homeowner does not want the finest deadbolt on the front door because of the excellence of its engineering; they want a comfortable, happy place in which to live." - Steve HuntBelow are the next five training links. This now brings us to a total of 15 trainings out of the 25 I promised to give you by the end of this week.
- OPPSEC (United States Marine Corps)
- Intelligence Analysis Web-based Training (Anacapa Sciences)
- SAEDA (553G-NG0001-A) (Espionage Awareness) (United States Army)
- Are You Ready? An In-depth Guide to Citizen Preparedness FEMA/EMI Course IS-22 (FEMA)
- Personal Preparedness (Center for Public Health Preparedness)